Gather round, gather round for the Moon’s magical, mystical story about a tippetty-top tap dancer who he has been watching at night. Marina Skippett creeps out of her house every night to shuffle and stomp on the boardwalk to the sounds of the sea. She can’t tap dance at home anymore since her evil, tractor-sized Aunty banned it, threatening to feed Marina’s dinners to the dog! But then, one moonlit night, Marina meets a mysterious, watery boy called Leo swimming in the sea and her life is never the same again!
The “truly amazing one woman power house” Tessa Bide brings you her celebrated devised solo production, called “just everything a children’s theatre experience should be” (Childplays). There are stunning puppets, original live music to sing along to and tap dancing that will make you want to stick 50ps to your shoes and join in! For everyone aged 3 to 133.
On Tour in 2023…
After a few years in storage, we think it’s about time we dust off our puppets and practice our tap so that we can bring the show back out for audiences across the UK.
- Devised and Written by: Tessa Bide
- Performer: Tessa Bide (Pigtails Productions version 2017: Stephanie De Whalley)
- Moon Narration: Adam Fuller
- Designer and set builder: Marta Gemma
- Puppet Designers and makers: Sarah Dicks & Marta Gemma
- Composer: Matt Huxley
- Sound Design: Gwen Scott
- Artwork: Lydia Davies & Emily Faulkner