‘The Anarchist’s Mobile Library’ will take you on an incredible adventure that YOU choose, solving problems and meeting characters, all in a retro, pop-up caravan! Where will you choose to journey to? An intergalactic space adventure? A deep sea swim meeting creatures that lurk in the depths? An abandoned witch’s kitchen, with the cauldron bubbling away, just begging to be played with..?
The Anarchist’s Mobile Library exists to empower children to be masters of their own destinies, to be inspired by literature and to change the stories they see unfolding around them.
Audiences (of up to 3 children and 1 adult at a time) will join us on an adventure and leave feeling prepped and primed to change the world!
- Original concept: Tessa Bide
- Dramaturg: Lorna Rees
- Performers and co-devisors: Tessa Bide and Jessica Clough-MacRae
- Additional devising input during R&D: Eline Hallem
- Design: Luned Gwawr Evans, with help from, and thanks to, Lorna Rees and Ella Barraclough
- Sound Design: Chris Menes
- Scenic painter: Ella Barraclough
- Build: Georgi Shire, with help from, and thanks to, Tomasin Cuthbert Menes, Josh Lucas, and Marta Smyk
- Produced by: Tessa Bide Productions
- Redbridge Vision Festival
11 – 13 October 2019
- Storytown, Pound Arts Centre, Corsham
19 – 20 October 2019
- Courtyard Theatre, Hereford
30 October 2019
We’re adding more all the time so sign up to the mailing list to be the first to find out.
During the show’s development, Tessa and the team had the opportunity to spend a week delving into the archives at Seven Stories to begin the start of The Anarchist’s Mobile Library. Read about Tessa’s trip to Seven Stories, National Centre for Children’s Books, who are our partner and collaborator for this show.
Why are we making this show?
During rehearsals in August 2019, Tessa wrote an updated blog of sorts, setting out our intentions for the show, and reasons why we made it. Have a read here.
Information for bookers
We are currently taking bookings for Summer 2020. For booking enquiries, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org.